A patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention , which is a product or a process that provides, in general, a new way of doing something, or offers a new technical solution to a problem. In order to be patentable, the invention must fulfill certain conditions. An invention must be new, non-obvious and industrial applicable in order to be protected by a patent .
• Conducting patent searches and advising on patentability of inventions.
• Filing and prosecuting patent applications.
• Payment of patent annuities.
• Recordal of amendments on patent applications, such as, change of name/address ,mergers and license agreements and assignments
• Opposition, appeal and cancellation proceedings.